Read on to find out more!
- Devils Lake, North Dakota.
- Red Lake, Minnesota.
- Silver Lake, California.
- Birch and Quartz Lakes, Alaska.
- Lake Gogebic, Michigan.
- Lake Champlain, Vermont.
- Antero Reservoir, Colorado.
- Ice Fishing Destinations in the US: There’s Many More!
- 1 What month is best for ice fishing?
- 2 Where can you ice fish in PA?
- 3 Where are they ice fishing in Michigan?
- 4 What’s the best bait for ice fishing?
- 5 What are the best states for ice fishing?
- 6 Is it better to ice fish in the morning or afternoon?
- 7 How long does it take to ice fish?
- 8 Can you drink while ice fishing in PA?
- 9 Can you ice fish at night in PA?
- 10 Are lakes in the Poconos frozen?
- 11 Where is the best place to ice fish in Michigan?
- 12 Where can I ice fish in Southeast Michigan?
What month is best for ice fishing?
March is the best month of the winter for ice-fishing in most of the Ice Belt, but anglers are never sure how the ice conditions will impact access to the lakes.
Where can you ice fish in PA?
Popular Pennsylvania state parks and forests for ice fishing include:
- Bald Eagle State Park.
- Canoe Creek State Park.
- Delaware State Forest.
- Marsh Creek State Park.
- Michaux State Forest.
- Presque Isle State Park.
- Pinchot State Forest.
- Prince Gallitzin State Park.
Where are they ice fishing in Michigan?
Top 7 Ice Fishing Spots in Michigan
- Hamlin Lake.
- Cadillac and Mitchell.
- Saginaw Bay.
- Lake Gogebic.
- Crystal Lake.
- Cass Lake.
What’s the best bait for ice fishing?
For ice fishing live bait, try wax worms (bee moth larva), maggots, spikes (fly larvae), wigglers (mayfly larvae) or minnows. You can drop your bait and leave it alone, or you can slowly jig to attract the fish.
What are the best states for ice fishing?
The States with The Best Ice Fishing
- Wisconsin. Wisconsin is on top of the hit list when it comes to ice fishing, Green Bay is a basin of Lake Michigan that covers 2,000,000 acres and has some of the best ice fishing on the planet.
- North Dakota.
Is it better to ice fish in the morning or afternoon?
Many experienced ice anglers agree that ice fishing is best during the first couple hours after sunrise and for about two hours before and after sunset. Every lake is different and each type of fish has unique habits that could make the bite good all day.
How long does it take to ice fish?
Re: *How long does it take to make safe ice?* You can walk pretty safely on 3 inches unless you are 300#. A lake with a full skim should be fishable in 3 to 4 days assuming no current, no snow and temps not over freezing during the day. If you wait 2 weeks you may be drilling 8 – 10 inches of ice.
Can you drink while ice fishing in PA?
It’s not illegal to drink on the ice, only if you are on state park property. The $70 fine is just for the boozethe public drunkenness can be upwards of $500. Keep it quiet. keep it clean..and don’t draw attention.
Can you ice fish at night in PA?
Night Fishing in State Parks Pennsylvania State Parks provides great opportunities for this recreational activity. Night fishing is generally permitted in areas designated for fishing and non-whitewater boating.
Are lakes in the Poconos frozen?
Although there are thousands of nearby lakes and streams, Lake Wallenpaupack is consistently named one of the top places for ice fishing in the Poconos. Covering 5,700 acres, this lake freezes over each winter but still acts as a habitat for the bass, trout, and panfish living below its icey surface.
Where is the best place to ice fish in Michigan?
Michigan’s Best Bets For Ice-Fishing
- PERE MARQUETTE LAKE. Mason County.
- MUSKEGON LAKE. Muskegon County.
- INTERMEDIATE LAKE. Antrim County.
- SOUTH LAKE LEELANAU. Leelanau County.
- FLETCHER’S FLOODWATERS. Alpena County.
- HIGGINS LAKE. Roscommon County.
- BREVOORT LAKE. Mackinaw County.
- RICE LAKE. Houghton County. Like catching plenty of pike?
Where can I ice fish in Southeast Michigan?
Michigan’s Best Bets for Ice-Fishing
- LAKE GOGEBIC. The U.P.’s largest inland lake has a reputation for being one of the top destinations in our state for winter perch and walleyes.
- LITTLE BAY DE NOC.
- CRYSTAL LAKE.
- KALKASKA COUNTY TROUT LAKES.
- LAKE MITCHELL.
- MUSKEGON LAKE.