You can buy your Missouri fishing permit in one of several ways:
- Online through the Department of Conservation website by using the e-Permits system.
- Over the phone by calling 800-392-4115.
- At any Department office.
- From more than a thousand vendors around the state such as stores that sell hunting and fishing equipment.
- 1 How much is a Missouri fishing license cost?
- 2 Do you have to have a fishing license in Missouri right now?
- 3 Who needs a Missouri fishing license?
- 4 Do you have to have a fishing license to fish on private property in Missouri?
- 5 Is it free to fish in Missouri?
- 6 Do senior citizens need a fishing license in Missouri?
- 7 Do you need a fishing license at Lake of the Ozarks?
How much is a Missouri fishing license cost?
In order to be allowed to catch fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish, and live bait, a resident or non-resident angler is required to purchase a Fishing Permit for $ 12.00 (residents) and $ 42.00 (non-residents). A daily fishing permit can also be purchased for $ 7 for both residents and non-residents.
Do you have to have a fishing license in Missouri right now?
In Missouri, you’ ll need a permit to fish in the state unless you qualify for an exemption. The fishing permit is good for fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish and live bait. Besides the general fishing permit, you may also need a permit to fish a particular species.
Who needs a Missouri fishing license?
Any Missouri resident, 16 to 64 years old, and any non-resident, 16 and older, is required to purchase a valid Resident or Non-Resident Fishing Permit, whichever is applicable. State of Missouri Fishing Permits may be purchased on-line at the following link: Click Here for Missouri Fishing License Prices.
Do you have to have a fishing license to fish on private property in Missouri?
Any person—without permit or prescribed area daily fishing tag—may fish during Free Fishing Days. Also, a fishing permit is not required to fish privately stocked waters. On private licensed trout fishing areas, customers and guests may fish for trout without a permit.
Is it free to fish in Missouri?
Try Fishing Without Having To Buy A Permit During the Saturday and Sunday following the first Monday in June, any person may fish state waters without an MDC fishing permit, trout permit, and prescribed area daily tag. However, user fees and permits may still be required at county, city, or private fishing areas.
Do senior citizens need a fishing license in Missouri?
Residents of Missouri 65 years old and older are not required to purchase a fishing license. All anglers fishing for trout are require to purchase a trout stamp regardless of age or residency.
Do you need a fishing license at Lake of the Ozarks?
Where can I buy a fishing license/permit in Lake Ozark, MO? In Missouri, anglers up to the age of 64 need a license or permit for fishing. Prices vary depending on age, species permits, location, etc. Certain species, such as trout, and locations like the White River and Border Lakes, require special permits.