As trout season opens around the U.S., a thought experiment on the top 10 flyfishing states in the country, listed in no particular order.
- Florida. Florida is hands-down the best saltwater flyfishing destination in the States.
- New York. I’m biased.
- 1 Where is the best trout fishing in America?
- 2 What state has the most trout?
- 3 Where is the biggest trout caught in the US?
- 4 Where is trout most popular?
- 5 Where do trout like to live?
- 6 Which western state has the best trout fishing?
- 7 What state has the best fishing?
- 8 Which states have trout fishing?
- 9 What states have wild trout?
- 10 Where is the trout capital of the world?
- 11 What river has the biggest trout?
- 12 What river has the most trout per mile?
- 13 What is the best tasting trout?
- 14 Where is the best fishing in the world?
- 15 What is the biggest trout in the world?
Where is the best trout fishing in America?
8 Best Destinations for Trout Fishing in the U.S. [Plus Bonus Destinations Below]
- Frying Pan River, Colorado.
- Henry’s Fork, Idaho.
- White River, Arkansas.
- Bighorn River, Montana.
- Green River, Utah.
- Deschutes River, Oregon.
- Beaverkill River, New York.
- Connecticut River, Vermont & New Hampshire.
What state has the most trout?
Alaska. It is only fitting that the country’s largest state is also home to a ridiculous amount of water that is home to an even larger amount of massive rainbow trout and wild steelhead.
Where is the biggest trout caught in the US?
TOP 25 Places to Catch Large Trout Fly Fishing in America
- Roscoe, New York. Roscoe in New York is nicknamed Trout Town USA.
- Missoula, Montana.
- West Yellowstone, Montana.
- State College, Pennsylvania.
- Grayling, Michigan.
- Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- Mountain Home, Arkansas.
- Asheville, North Carolina.
Where is trout most popular?
Most Cutthroat Trout live in the western half of the US, from the Pacific Coast over to the Rocky Mountains. They also live in southwestern Canada, and ocean-going Cutthroat Trout can show up as far north as Alaska.
Where do trout like to live?
Trout are usually found in cool (50–60 °F or 10–16 °C), clear streams and lakes, although many of the species have anadromous strains as well. Young trout are referred to as troutlet, troutling or fry. They are distributed naturally throughout North America, northern Asia and Europe.
Which western state has the best trout fishing?
Though it’s the last state on our list, Wyoming has some of the best trout fishing in the United States. While the Wind River Range, Tetons, Bighorn Mountains, and several other regions all offer world-class trout angling, we think the best of it is centered right in Yellowstone Park.
What state has the best fishing?
Best States for Fishing
- Alaska. King Salmon reigns supreme: Alaska came in first place for the best place to fish in the U.S. The photo shows a brown bear hunting for fish at Katmai National Park in King Salmon, Alaska, on August 14, 2020.
- Rhode Island.
Which states have trout fishing?
The percent of freshwater anglers that fish for trout varied widely by state — from less than 6 percent in low participation states such as Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, and South Carolina to greater than 80 percent in Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Washington and Wyoming (Table 2).
What states have wild trout?
The 12 states where these native trout can be found are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Where is the trout capital of the world?
IN Gore, a town of 12,500 on the South Island of New Zealand, street signs proclaim that the visitor has arrived in the world capital of brown trout.
What river has the biggest trout?
The world record brook trout record has stood for over 100 years! The current record is 14 pounds and was caught in the Nipigon River in Ontario, Canada. There are a few double digit brook trout on record, but finding a larger than 15-pound brook trout will be hard to do.
What river has the most trout per mile?
San Juan River, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah The San Juan is no doubt one of the best trout streams in the country, with nearly 15,000 fish per mile.
What is the best tasting trout?
Many anglers will claim the Brook Trout as the best tasting trout.
- Brown Trout.
- Sea trout.
- Rainbow Trout.
- Palomino Trout.
- Califonia Golden Trout.
- Cutthroat Trout.
- Brook Trout.
Where is the best fishing in the world?
The World’s Best Fishing Spots and Where To Find Them
- Cairns, Australia. Famous for its Great Barrier Reef, the coast off Eastern Australia is also the world’s best marlin fishing spot.
- Key West, Florida.
- Azores, Portugal.
- Orkney Islands, Scotland.
- Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand.
What is the biggest trout in the world?
The world record rainbow trout title belongs to Canadian fisher Sean Konrad. The International Game Fish Association’s (IGFA) record book now lists his 48-pound, 42-inch catch as the biggest ever rainbow trout specimen – a true world record trout.