The 9 Best Bass Fishing Rods of 2021
- Best Overall: Phenix Maxim Casting Rod at sportsmans.com.
- Best Budget: KastKing Perigee II Fishing Rod at Amazon.
- Best for Crankbaits: St.
- Best for Topwater Lures: Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Rod at Amazon.
- Best for Spinnerbaits: Entsport Camo Legend 2-Piece Baitcasting Rod at Amazon.
- 1 What kind of rod is best for bass fishing?
- 2 How do I choose a bass rod?
- 3 What is a 7 3 medium/heavy rod good for?
- 4 What is a 7 6 medium/heavy rod good for?
- 5 What brand of fishing rod is best?
- 6 What is a 7-foot rod good for?
- 7 What length rod should I get?
- 8 What is a heavy fast rod good for?
- 9 What baits to throw on a medium heavy rod?
What kind of rod is best for bass fishing?
For bass fishing, a medium-heavy is one of the most versatile options you can choose. A standard medium also works well for a variety of fishing techniques and a medium-light spinning rod is an excellent option for lighter lures, while still having enough power to land bigger fish.
How do I choose a bass rod?
Generally, shorter rods (6 foot range) provide better casting accuracy for fishing in tight spots, and they’ll cast lighter lures. Longer rods (7 foot range) provide greater casting distance and leverage to fight the fish, and they handle heavier lures better.
What is a 7 3 medium/heavy rod good for?
7’3″ Medium/Heavy Casting Rod Specs SUGGESTED TECHNIQUES: This all purpose rod is great for a large multitude of techniques. From Texas rig to Jigs to large Spinner baits, and everything in between.
What is a 7 6 medium/heavy rod good for?
The 7’6′ Medium-Heavy is the most versatile rod in its class. We designed it for pulling rattle-traps through the grass. If you want to throw a light Carolina rig, a small swim bait or a mid-Depth crankbait, this rod will get the job done. This is one rod you will want to keep on the deck at all times.
What brand of fishing rod is best?
Best Fishing Rod of 2021
- Best Overall Fishing Rod. St.
- Best Telescoping Rod. Daiwa Megaforce Tele Spin.
- Best Bang for Your Buck. PLUSINNO Two-Piece Spinning Rod.
- Great for Small Fish. Ugly Stik Elite.
- Most Versatile. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic.
- Good for Casting.
- Good for Backpacking.
- A Functional Rod but Lower Quality.
What is a 7-foot rod good for?
A 7-foot baitcast rod is an ideal choice for tossing buzzbaits and spinnerbaits, as it will provide better casting distance, leverage and the ability to pick up line quickly.
What length rod should I get?
A short (6 feet or less) rod is ideal if you want to make short, accurate casts. When pinpoint accuracy is less critical, a long rod (over 7 feet) is the way to go. Dingy or dirty water and heavy cover are two situations where short-range accuracy is part of the recipe for success, and a shorter rod can really shine.
What is a heavy fast rod good for?
A heavy action allows an angler to drive a hook into a fish’s mouth. Heavy or fast actions better suit baits with single hooks, including a spinnerbait, jig, or Texas rig soft plastics where a strong hook set is required.
What baits to throw on a medium heavy rod?
A medium-heavy rod will allow you to fish Texas rigs, smaller jigs, spinnerbaits, vibrating jigs, topwater lures, crankbaits and much more without sacrificing hardly any performance.