|Tarpon||Year Round||June – October|
|Grouper||Jan 1 – May 31||November – March|
|Kingfish||September-April||December – March|
- 1 What fish can you catch in Florida right now?
- 2 When can you go fishing in Florida?
- 3 Can I go fishing right now in Florida?
- 4 What is the best time to go fishing?
- 5 What’s the best time to fish tomorrow?
- 6 Are trout in season in Florida?
- 7 What fish are in season in Fort Myers Florida?
- 8 How many rods can I fish with in Florida?
- 9 Can you keep catfish in Florida?
- 10 What are the Florida fishing laws?
- 11 What fish can you catch from shore in Florida?
- 12 Do I need a fishing license in Florida to fish from shore?
What fish can you catch in Florida right now?
Here are the top Florida fish to catch.
- Tarpon. Sometimes called the “silver king of sportfish,” the tarpon is highly prized for its fighting ability but not valued as food.
- Spotted Sea Trout.
- Red Drum.
- Largemouth Bass.
When can you go fishing in Florida?
The best season to fish the Atlantic Coast of Florida is the fall months of October and November. Fishing offshore will peak again during the spring. The Best time to fish the freshwaters along the Atlantic coast of Florida is during the summer months.
Can I go fishing right now in Florida?
FLORIDA TODAY fishing report: Governor DeSantis said we can fish. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday that Floridians can fish and boat as long as proper social distancing guidelines are put into place.
What is the best time to go fishing?
Best Times to Fish
- Early Morning. 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Late Morning to Afternoon. 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Afternoon to Dusk. 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What’s the best time to fish tomorrow?
Best Fishing Times
- One hour before and one hour after high tides, and one hour before and one hour after low tides.
- During the “morning rise” (after sunup for a spell) and the “evening rise” (just before sundown and the hour or so after).
- During the rise and set of the Moon.
- When the barometer is steady or on the rise.
Are trout in season in Florida?
Trout Season: Open all year. Except from the Hernando/Pasco county line south through Gordon Pass in Collier County, which are catch-and-release through May 31, 2021.
What fish are in season in Fort Myers Florida?
Sanibel Island and Fort Myers exhibits great fishing year round because of the fall and spring migrations of a few, warm water game fish; not to mention our year round residents. During the winter months of December through February, our focus is on Mangrove Snapper, Sheepshead, Redfish and Trout.
How many rods can I fish with in Florida?
Game fish may only be taken with pole and line or rod and reel. There is no limit on the number of rods an angler may use.
Can you keep catfish in Florida?
While permits are required to catch non-game fish, there are more methods that anglers are allowed to use. These are the non-game fish that are native to Florida: Channel Catfish. White Catfish.
What are the Florida fishing laws?
Florida residents and visitors are required to possess a Florida hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license when engaged in fishing and hunting activities. A license is required to attempt to take fish. If you cast a line or catch and release, you need a fishing license.
What fish can you catch from shore in Florida?
Fishing is great on Florida beaches. All public beaches allow fishing from the shore and it is quite common to see people with their poles and cast nets working the calm surf. You can catch most inshore fish from the beach such as snook, pompano, shark, snapper, and redfish.
Do I need a fishing license in Florida to fish from shore?
A Florida fishing license is required to land saltwater species in Florida regardless of where they are caught (state or federal waters). Valid for saltwater fishing from the shoreline or a structure affixed to shore. Not valid when fishing from a vessel, or a shoreline reached by vessel.