Licenses and permits are available:
- Online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com.
- In person at a license agent or tax collector’s office.
- By calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (888-347-4356) or 888-HUNT-FLORIDA (888-486-8356)
- Through the Fish|Hunt FL App on Apple and Android devices.
- 1 Can I get a Florida fishing license online?
- 2 Can you fish without a license in Florida?
- 3 How much is a fishing license in Florida at Walmart?
- 4 How can I get a free fishing license in Florida?
- 5 Who is exempt from Florida fishing license?
- 6 Can I get a fishing license at Walmart in Florida?
- 7 Can you fish on public beaches in Florida?
- 8 What is the penalty for fishing without a license in Florida?
Can I get a Florida fishing license online?
Licenses and permits are available online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, in person at a license agent or tax collector’s office or by calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (888-347-4356).
Can you fish without a license in Florida?
Florida residents and visitors are required to possess a Florida hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license when engaged in fishing and hunting activities. If you cast a line or catch and release, you need a fishing license.
How much is a fishing license in Florida at Walmart?
The cost of obtaining a fishing license from a Walmart in Florida is $17.50. This is the price for a one-year license for fishing in freshwater or saltwater. A one-year combination license, however, costs $30.50. A “shoreline” license is also available to residents for free.
How can I get a free fishing license in Florida?
Florida residents receiving benefits or food stamps can do land-based saltwater fishing without a license. Any Florida resident can get a free shoreline fishing license, which allows you to fish for saltwater species from land or from structures attached to land.
Who is exempt from Florida fishing license?
The new shoreline saltwater license requirement allows exemptions for residents who are age 65 or older, all children under age 16, resident disabled persons who meet certain qualifications, active duty military personnel while home on leave, and all anglers who fish from a licensed pier.
Can I get a fishing license at Walmart in Florida?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a fishing license at Walmart stores across the United States. For example, in Florida a 3 day non-resident fishing license costs the same as a resident annual fishing license ($17 at time of writing).
Can you fish on public beaches in Florida?
Fishing is great on Florida beaches. All public beaches allow fishing from the shore and it is quite common to see people with their poles and cast nets working the calm surf. You can catch most inshore fish from the beach such as snook, pompano, shark, snapper, and redfish.
What is the penalty for fishing without a license in Florida?
fishing without a license is a non-criminal offense that is penalized by paying the licensing fine & an additional $50. The penalty fine increases to $100 if you are charged more than once within a 36 month period.