Buy an Indiana Hunting or Fishing License
- Buy Your Indiana Hunting, Trapping or Fishing License Online.
- Buy Your License In Person. Most licenses, including youth hunting licenses, are available from retailers, county clerks and most DNR properties throughout the state.
- Buy Your License By Mail.
- 1 What do you need for a fishing license in Indiana?
- 2 Does Walmart sell fishing license in Indiana?
- 3 How much is a fishing license at Walmart?
- 4 Can you fish without a license in Indiana?
- 5 Can I get my fishing license online in Indiana?
- 6 What is the penalty for fishing without a license in Indiana?
- 7 Can you get fishing license at Big 5?
What do you need for a fishing license in Indiana?
To qualify for resident fishing licenses, a person must have established a true fixed and permanent home and primary residence in Indiana for 60 consecutive days prior to purchasing a license or permit and may not claim residency for fishing, hunting, or trapping in another state or country.
Does Walmart sell fishing license in Indiana?
Yep, you can easily obtain a fishing license from a Walmart store, as long as it’s one that has a Sports & Outdoors section. A Walmart fishing license is the same kind that’s issued by the state.
How much is a fishing license at Walmart?
Regular license cost at Walmart for residents of age between 16 and 65 – $19. A flat license cost for single-day fishing irrespective of the resident or non-resident status of the applicant – $11. Discounted license cost for senior citizens above 66 years of age – $10. Walmart annual fishing license fee – $40.
Can you fish without a license in Indiana?
On Free Fishing Days, Indiana residents do not need a fishing license or a trout/salmon stamp to fish the state’s public waters. All other rules such as seasons, bag and size limits apply. Free Fishing Days are an excellent opportunity to learn how to fish, take your family fishing, or introduce a friend to fishing.
Can I get my fishing license online in Indiana?
Buying a fishing license online from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources is fast and easy, the online licensing system is available 24 hours a day. A fishing license is required if you are planning to fish in public lakes, streams, rivers or boundary waters in the State.
What is the penalty for fishing without a license in Indiana?
This offense is punished by 60 days of jail and a penalty of $500 fine. If there is a constant violation of the rule of fishing with a license, the conservation officer can seize any property they find reasonable.
Can you get fishing license at Big 5?
Fishing licenses can be purchased at most Big 5 Sporting Goods stores.