License and Permit Fees
|LICENSE / PERMIT||Resident||Nonresident|
|Joint/Spouses Annual Fishing||$42.00||Not available|
|3-Year Fishing (Online Only)||$55.00||Not available|
- 1 Do senior citizens need a fishing license in Kentucky?
- 2 Can you fish without a license in Kentucky?
- 3 How much is the fine for fishing without a license in Kentucky?
- 4 How much is fishing license at Walmart?
- 5 How many rods can you fish with in Kentucky?
- 6 What fish are in season in Kentucky?
- 7 Do you have to have a trout stamp in Kentucky?
- 8 Do you need a fishing license on private property in Kentucky?
- 9 How many hooks can you use in Kentucky?
- 10 Is there a limit on bluegill in Kentucky?
- 11 How old do you have to be to fish without a license in Kentucky?
- 12 Can you get fishing license at Big 5?
Do senior citizens need a fishing license in Kentucky?
For the record, there’s no such thing as a senior fishing license in Kentucky. Any Kentucky resident age 65 and up or totally disabled can purchase a Kentuky Sportsman’s License for $5. The license includes all hunting privileges, deer tags, turkey permit, trout stamp and seniors even get extra deer tags.
Can you fish without a license in Kentucky?
All persons (residents and nonresidents) must fill out and carry the proper license and permit to fish any Kentucky waters or to hunt in Kentucky. A person who does not meet the definition of a Kentucky resident is considered a nonresident and must purchase nonresident licenses and permits.
How much is the fine for fishing without a license in Kentucky?
You could be fined up to $1,000 and/or sentenced to up to a year in jail if you are convicted. You could also be assessed civil penalties and restitution costs.
How much is fishing license at Walmart?
A single-day license for a resident or non-resident – $11. Yearly fishing license for a non-resident – $40.
How many rods can you fish with in Kentucky?
As many as you want. There is no limit on the number of fishing poles (or fishing rods) an angler may use at one time.
What fish are in season in Kentucky?
Seasonal Fishing, What to Catch on KY Lake
- Largemouth Bass. Spring. 72 degrees avg. temp.
- Smallmouth Bass. Spring. 72 degrees avg. temp.
- Crappie (Black or White) Spring. 72 degrees avg.
- Bluegill. Spring. 72 degrees avg.
- White Bass. Spring. 72 degrees avg.
- Rockfish “Striper“ Spring. 72 degrees avg.
- Catfish. Spring. 72 degrees avg.
Do you have to have a trout stamp in Kentucky?
Migratory bird hunters must have a Kentucky Migratory Bird/Waterfowl permit in addition to the hunting license. FISHING LICENSES allow the holder to take sport and rough fish statewide by rod and reel, pole or line, or other specified legal methods. Trout fishermen must also have a trout permit.
Do you need a fishing license on private property in Kentucky?
A property owner and spouse do not need to buy a fishing license to fish ponds on land they own as long as they are residents of Kentucky. Neither do their dependent children or tenants on farmlands where they live and work. Guests, however, must possess a valid fishing license, even blood relatives.
How many hooks can you use in Kentucky?
Some organizations such as Bass Anglers Sportsmen Society have outlawed the use of the rig in its Elite Series tournaments. Other regional organizations have restricted the use to just three hooks on events held on Kentucky Lake, although the state of Kentucky allows five hooks.
Is there a limit on bluegill in Kentucky?
Bluegill: 15 -fish daily creel limit.
How old do you have to be to fish without a license in Kentucky?
The minimum age required to have a fishing license is 16 years old, and older anglers must purchase one if they are planning to fish in the State. The fishing licenses that are required per individual varies depending on whether they are a resident or not.
Can you get fishing license at Big 5?
Fishing licenses can be purchased at most Big 5 Sporting Goods stores.